What "Nothing" Looks Like
On Friday during Sam's nap, I decided to clean out the pantry. We were due for another grocery trip, so I figured I might as well get it done while we had no food around anyway.
As I took everything out and put it back in, I was struck by just how much food I count as "nothing." Yeah, our fridge and pantry may not have been as full as they could have been, but we still had so much!
I felt a little spoiled, honestly. It's awesome that we don't have to worry about having enough food, and I'm grateful for that!
So my plan this week is to cook using the food I'd usually consider our "reserves." And believe me, we won't be going hungry! Here's my plan for the week:
- Monday: Spaghetti and meatballs, ricotta cookies
- Tuesday: Chicken quesadillas with a black bean & corn salad
- Wednesday: Tomato and chicken pasta
- Thursday: Baked potatoes with broccoli and cheese
- Friday: Rice, veggie, and egg bowls