Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce: 15-Minute Meal!
Can we talk about 15-minute meals? These are my favorite. They're delicious, they're fresh, they're on the table before anyone can start whining. It's beautiful.
Super-fast often involve some sort of pre-made element—in this case, pre-made ravioli, which is probably the only kind of ravioli most of us will ever make, plus microwave-steamed frozen broccoli, which is one of my favorite fast sides.
Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sauce and Broccoli
- 1 package refrigerated butternut squash ravioli
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- Parmesan cheese to sprinkle
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli that steams in the microwave
- Optional broccoli toppings: sea salt, olive oil, lemon juice, sunflower seeds or pepitas
- Boil water and cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Microwave broccoli according to package directions.
- Brown butter over medium heat in a large saucepan that will be able to fit the ravioli. Watch butter for when brown solids and a nutty aroma emerge, then kill the heat. Be careful not to over-brown.
- When ravioli is done, remove it with tongs or a slotted spoon and toss it right into the browned butter. (Watch for splatters!)
- Optionally top cooked broccoli with any or all of the following: a drizzle of olive oil, some sea salt, a few dashes or squeezes of lemon juice, and a sprinkling of sunflower seeds or pepitas.